IPF WORLD WEEK 2017:
16 - 24 September
- Creating a national and international network of people working to support patients with Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis.
- Developing a map of the Centers of Excellence in the diagnosis and treatment of IPF.
- Raising awareness, inform, train, guide stakeholders towards this social emergency.
- Offering support and tools to patients and their families to cope better with this disease.
- Promoting a culture of “donation” in collaboration with the organ donors associations.
- Promoting social awareness and sensitivity towards the dangers of smoking in collaboration with the Anti-Smoking Centers.
- Stimulating awareness on the voluntary sector, with particular reference to the needs of the rare disease patients.
- Promoting the knowledge on the new frontiers of biology, medicine, social sciences, psychology, analysis, law, economics, communication, etc. regarding IPF.
Theme & Slogan 2017
The theme to raise awareness on IPF is “Blowing soap bubbles” and the Slogan "Breath of Hope!".
Blowing soap bubbles is a joyful activity. When you are healthy, it takes less than a second to blow bubbles. If you are a patient with IPF, this simple activity can be very challenging. The Breath of Hope Campaign aims to raise awareness of IPF while reminding about the importance of lung fitness/health.
Blowing soap bubbles can be done alone or in a group/with your family/with your doctor/with your pet – one can blow big or small bubbles; one can blow them from a special location or while doing an activity.
Some initial ideas for the photo:
- Get some members of your organization together and blow bubbles
- Form the letters of IPF with people on a piece of grass while blowing bubbles
- Get a family generation together (grandparents, parents, children) and blow different sizes of bubbles