The best way to pass a hair drug test is to flush out all the drug toxins from within the hair shafts so that they test as free from drug metabolites.
However, that’s far easier said than done. It’s incredibly difficult to pass a hair follicle drug test. It’s less difficult than a blood test because you can’t flush out your blood, but it’s the second most difficult way to pass a drug test, because of how the drug metabolites get stored in your hair.
So what I’m going to do here is talk to you about how to pass a hair follicle drug test using two tried and trusted methods: the Macujo method and the Jerry G method.
Both of these are invasive, hard work, and expensive. But they are literally the only ways that you can pass a hair follicle drug test every single time.
But don’t worry, I’m going to also explain to you why it’s so tough to learn how to pass a hair drug test. I’ll tell you exactly why drugs get trapped in your hair, and why it’s so difficult to get them out. That way you can at least see why the effort is required.
I passed a hair follicle test last year using the method I’m going to outline in this guide.
Why It’s So Tough To Pass A Hair Follicle Drug Test
So let’s take a quick look at why it’s so difficult to pass a hair follicle drug test.
The reason is pretty straightforward. Your hair shaft is made up of an inner core (the cortex) that is covered by hair cuticles, thousands of tiny scales the lockdown over the surface. This allows the hair to bend and be flexible but still protects it.
But what’s the problem? Surely you just wash your hair and the drug metabolites get washed away as well?
Well here’s the thing, the drug metabolites aren’t actually on your hair, they are in the hair. They are locked under those cuticles, underneath those scales that keep the hair protected.
So the only way you can get rid of drug metabolites is to open up the cuticles and flush out the toxins from underneath. That’s incredibly invasive and difficult to achieve.
What happens is that when you have been taking drugs, the active chemicals that make you high are converted into metabolites, waste products. These then rush around your bloodstream until they are eradicated from the body, mostly through your bowels and bladder.
But as they race around your bloodstream, they can get trapped in the hair root, under the skin in your scalp where new hair shafts form and grow out of the follicle. As the hair develops they get trapped within the hair shaft that is forming, and as it grows out of your head those metabolites are stuck within the core of that growing hair.
The end result is an indelible record of your drug use for as long as the piece of hair on your head is. As hair grows at around half an inch per month, 3 inches of hair will give six months of drug history.
Now having said that, they are only allowed to take the most recent 90 days history, the one and a half inches closest your scalp. So they will take an entire hair, but they only test the first one and a half inches.
So if you’ve taken drugs in the past 90 days, unless you get rid of those toxins from within the hair shaft, then there is a 100% chance you are going to get caught and fail your drug test.
My initial thought was to shave my head, but I quickly found out online that that’s a non-starter. They can take hair from elsewhere on the body, or they will just automatically fail you if you turn up at the lab with your entire body shaved. Plus, how stupid and suspicious are you going to look?
Can’t I Just Use A Detox Shampoo?
Unfortunately, there is not a single detox shampoo out there that can genuinely open up the hair follicles and strip out all the toxins on its own.
A couple of them are powerful enough to partly do this, but they are very expensive, and they will not do the entire job on their own well enough.
You might get away with using a powerful detox shampoo, something like Aloe Toxin Rid, if you have very light toxin exposure.
But for me, it’s an incredible risk. If you’re going to go to all the expense of buying something like Aloe Toxin Rid, and you’ve got a situation that is serious enough for someone to commission a hair follicle drug test on you, then you need to do the nuclear option here and do an entire method.
The Two Main Methods To Pass A Hair Follicle Test
So the best way to pass a hair test is to flush out the toxins that are trapped under the cuticles of your strands of hair.
This is not easy to do, and the only way to do it involves using invasive materials that can open up the hair shaft cuticles, strip out the toxins, and then shut those cuticles down again.
The Jerry G Method Review
So you want to know how to pass a hair follicle drug test, so let’s get to it by telling you one of the best ways to pass one.
It’s called the Jerry G method, I don’t really know why, it’s allegedly because the person who developed it is called Jerry G, but I think that’s a bit of an urban myth. But if Jerry G is reading this, then I’m sorry man.
However the Jerry G method for passing a hair drug test started, it’s developed into a method that contains the following key steps:
- Stop taking drugs. It’s that simple. As soon as you know you are facing a drug test stop taking drugs. Then you stand more chance of passing any type of drug test. Because they take the sample closest to the scalp, fresh drug use will show up strong and long.
- Get yourself a big sink and plenty of water, and then bleach your hair.
- The next step of the Jerry G method is to dye your hair. It doesn’t matter what color, so obviously it’s best to get hair dye that’s close to your own natural color. But what is important is that the hair dye you buy must contain ammonia.
- Wash your hair with a detox shampoo, something like Toxin Wash, Aloe Rid, or Zydot Ultra Clean. For me, Toxin Wash isn’t actually that good, and I would stick with the other two I’ve just mentioned.
- Seven days after you first dyed your hair, bleach it and dye it a second time.
- Re-wash your hair again using a detox shampoo.
- Finally, on the day of your test, wash your hair with Zydot Ultra Clean shampoo. It’s a brilliant shampoo for getting rid of loose toxins on your head.
That’s it for the steps of the Jerry G method, but does it really work?
Well, I haven’t actually tried the Jerry G method but apparently it does. However, for me, it’s just far too invasive. It can really damage your hair, I mean like permanently destroy it. I have read and seen, people online showing the evidence of disasters with the Jerry G method.
On top of that, the ammonia and bleach can really burn your scalp. For me, I don’t want to burn my have scalp and permanently damaged hair just to pass any type of drug test.
So when I was looking at the best way to pass a hair follicle drug test, the Jerry G method was out for me. But I did find a Macujo method review which led me into investigating that instead.
Macujo Method Review: Step By Step
So now we’ve got rid of Jerry G method, let’s look at the method I actually used to pass my hair drug test. It’s called the Macujo method, and it’s very similar to the Jerry G method, but it’s different for a couple of crucial reasons, which put together mean your hair and scalp don’t get so destroyed.
Now you’re going to need a ton of time to do the Macujo method. Although you need about a week between doing the Jerry G method, you have to do the Macujo method every day, so although it’s not over such a long space of time, do have to do it more times.
I’ll talk you through my timeline for doing the Macujo method in a little while, but first, let’s take a look at the basic steps you need to complete the Macujo method:
- Get yourself a deep sink, and plenty of water. You’ll probably also want to wear goggles and gloves, as some of the items you are going to use can get into the skin.
- Rinse your hair with warm water, then put a generous amount of vinegar into your hand and then rub that all over the hair, working it into the roots as much as possible. This is going to sting.
- The next step, without washing out the vinegar, is to use a good quality salicylic shampoo. Clean & Clear Pink, or similar, is a good choice. Put a big lump onto your hand and then work that into your scalp as well.
- Put a bath hat over your head, or wrap your head in clingfilm, and leave that mixture to brew on your hair and scalp for about an hour. This will sting a lot, and your scalp will go red, but don’t worry it’s not going to be damaging.
- After an hour, or as long as you can stand, but make it half an hour at least, you can wash out the shampoo and vinegar. Make sure you do this thoroughly so that it is completely clean.
- The next step is to use Aloe Toxin Rid shampoo. I’ll talk a bit more about that in a little while, but you need to use this stuff. Wet your hair again, and then wash your hair with it and rinse it out. Then repeat that process.
- The last step of the Macujo method is to put a few drops of Tide detergent or similar into your hair, and then work it in really thoroughly. Keep doing this until your hair squeaks, then wash it out with more warm water.
- The final step, that you do after the final step of the Macujo method, just before you go to submit your hair follicle drug test sample, is to thoroughly wash your hair and scalp with Zydot Ultra Clean shampoo. This will make sure any loose toxins on your hair and scalp are swept up.
My Experiences With The Macujo Method
So that’s the basic method for the Macujo method. As I’ve said, I passed my test using it, and it’s definitely the best way to pass a hair follicle drug test because it’s the only way to pass a hair drug test that doesn’t involve destroying your hair and scalp potentially.
If you want to know how to pass a hair follicle drug test, even passing a hair follicle drug test as an infrequent user, smoker, whatever, then that’s the information you need. Follow the steps of the Macujo method and you’ll be okay.
But the thing is guys that you can’t just do this once. You have to repeat it at least twice a day in the week leading up to your hair strand test. That’s because it doesn’t open up all of the cuticles on the hair shaft each time, and so it can’t sweep out all the toxins in one go.
So seven days is 14 times. However, I didn’t have that much time, and so what I decided to do was to condense the process into the five days that I had. I actually only did it 9 times, but as it takes more than an hour each time, that was a significant investment in time in the week leading up to my test.
What I did was as follows:
- Two times Monday
- Two times Tuesday
- Two times Wednesday
- Two times Thursday
- Once on the morning my test
- Then washed my hair with Zydot Ultra clean
I’m a regular smoker, like every other day I’ll smoke a couple of joints, and so I knew I would be riddled with drug toxins in my hair shaft. But that daily routine, once in the afternoon, and once in the evening, in the five days leading up my test worked a treat.
Where To Buy Zydot Ultra Clean & Aloe Rid Shampoo
Now look, the Macujo method won’t work unless you have the right ingredients. You’ll need:
- salicylic shampoo
- Good quality vinegar
- Liquid laundry detergent
- Old style Aloe toxin rid
- Zydot Ultra clean
I want to focus though here on the old style Aloe Toxin Rid shampoo. You will definitely need this stuff because it’s the key part of the process. It’s an incredibly strong detox shampoo that helps to flush out all the toxins, it’s better than any other detox shampoo you can buy.
It’s called old style Aloe Toxin Rid because it’s no longer made. It was a powerful formula that was discontinued because it was too strong for normal daily hair washing.
However, that old formula was reconstructed and is available now as old style Aloe Toxin Rid shampoo, and it’s only available from Test Clear.
Now here’s the thing, it’s expensive. Old style Aloe Toxin Rid will cost you $235 from Test Clear. But before you panic and walk away, think about failing that hair follicle drug test.
They do a combo deal where you can buy old style Aloe Toxin Rid alongside Zydot Ultra Clean for the same price, saving you the price of the Ultra Clean, $36.
Best Way To Pass A Hair Drug Test In 24 Hours
So there you go, that’s my brief Macujo method review telling you that it’s the best way to pass a hair follicle drug test. However, the one thing I want to cover here at the end is how to pass a drug test at short notice.
You obviously need to have the Macujo method stuff in stock, but if you have, then you just have to wash your hair as often as possible in the 24 hours you have available.
It takes just over an hour to do each cycle of the Macujo method, so you can probably do it six times a day.
Your scalp is going to be red, even more so than using the Macujo method over a week, but that shouldn’t matter. My scalp was red and nobody said a word when they took the sample.
But if you can do it as many times like that in a day, and then at least once on the morning of your test, then you stand a very good chance of passing a drug test.
So you need to make sure you have the stuff you need in stock, all the stuff I’ve outlined in this Macujo method review if you want to stand a chance of passing a hair follicle test using it.